Fully Light-Driven Toon Shader
This highly rated Blender Market product is now available on Gumroad. Save 10% off the Blender Market price when you purchase through Gumroad!
What customers are saying:
Gotta try my best to be Professional™ here, but holy moly, I'm like an excited kid on Christmas morning over here. Super easy to set up [...] I'm losing my mind over this. —Zin
The product works great right out of the box and the documentation is super in depth. —Edgar Ruiz
ParaNormal Toon Shader is an innovative NPR shading solution for Blender with a fully light-driven workflow and full compatibility with both Eevee and Cycles, including GPU rendering.
Full support for the real lighting in your scene eliminates manual adjustments to materials, making it a breeze to achieve stunning toon art with subtle gradients, detailed shadows, and dramatic lighting.
Make your NPR scenes stand out like never before with a unique look inspired by digitally colored comic books and anime, while using the standard lighting workflow you already know.
- Supports light intensity, light falloff, colored lighting, indirect lighting, and shadows from any type of light.
- Shader settings including diffuse, specular, and metal can create nearly any toon material.
- Includes multiple shader variants plus modular nodes to customize the shaders or build your own.
- Uses the standard Blender lighting workflow you already know.
- Integrates with the Asset Library.
- Compatible with both Eevee and Cycles, including GPU rendering.
✨ Illuminate Your Creativity with Unparalleled Lighting
Say goodbye to dull, flat lighting! Achieve stunning visuals inspired by your favorite digitally colored comics and anime with lighting features previously unseen in cel shading.
With support for true colored lighting—no more faking it with “virtual lights”—plus light intensity, light falloff, indirect lighting, and shadows from any type of light, ParaNormal brings your scenes to life.
🎨 Creating Materials is a Breeze
Between diffuse, specular, metallic, transparency, and emission properties, you have everything you need to bring any toon material to life.
Getting started is simple: Drag and drop a base material from your Asset Browser into your scene, assign a key light, then tweak the color and other properties to achieve your desired look. Whether you need a matte material like stone or skin, or something shiny like steel or glass, you can configure the shader with just a few clicks.
Try bringing in your own hand-painted textures to achieve truly stunning visuals!
🌈 Customize Your Artistic Vision
ParaNormal is designed to be flexible and versatile. Advanced users can customize the included shaders or build their own using a library of modular node groups. Let your creativity flow and achieve the art style you envision.
🌟 Choose Your Render Engine
Both Eevee and Cycles provide incredible rendering capabilities. Eevee offers blazing-fast rendering and ample flexibility for art direction. Cycles delivers more advanced lighting features, ideal for achieving moody, dramatic lighting with clean shadows. Choose the one that best suits your project’s needs and style.View Comparison Gallery
🚀 Revolutionary Approach
ParaNormal Toon Shader uses a unique process to procedurally parallelize shaded surface normals relative to the primary light source. This results in a dynamic visual style that combines the look of 2D with all the lighting features of 3D. Experience subtle gradients, detailed shadows, and captivating lighting in your creations.
Say goodbye to the limitations of emissive shaders, Shader to RGB, and OSL. Unlike other toon shaders, ParaNormal doesn't require setting brightness in materials and works seamlessly with both Eevee and Cycles, including GPU rendering.
💰 Save with Early Access
Innovation is challenging, so ParaNormal is currently in Early Access to gather feedback and refine the experience. New features and updates are in active development to make it even better. The price will increase for new buyers as features are added and improved, but existing owners will receive free updates forever. By getting in now, you not only enjoy a low price but also become an essential part of shaping its future.
The next major content update is coming in October. It will bring the first price bump with it, but will be a free update for all existing owners. This is your last chance to lock in the lowest Early Access price while you still can.
📦 What’s in the Box?
- 5 shaders: ParaNormal Curve Shader, ParaNormal Flat Shader, ParaNormal Triplanar Shader, ParaNormal Uber Shader, plus the Basic RGB Toon Shader for reference.
- 6 materials: Base Matte, Base Semi-Gloss, Base Gloss, Base Metal, Base Glass, and ParaNOIRmal.
- 15+ modular shader node groups for customization or building your own shader variants.
- 12+ reference scenes demonstrating various features.
50%80% of a User Guide. (Remember how this is Early Access?)
- All future updates.
ParaNormal Toon Shader is still under active development, so things are changing fast and additional content may be added soon (like the rest of the User Guide, for example).
🆕 Latest Update
September 2nd, v0.2.0 – First update released!
- Added ParaNormal Uber Shader, an all-in-one shader for people who want more customization but don't want to mess with nodes.
- Added Base Glass, the first ready-to-use transparent material.
- Added ParaNOIRmal, the first example of using the modular nodes to create a stylized look.
- Added Blur Mapping, Pixelate Mapping, and Duotone Color shader nodes.
- Updated ParaNormal Triplanar Shader to new & improved version.
- Repositioned nodes in all base materials to be more consistent with Blender defaults (for easier navigation).
- Improved the organization of some node graphs & updated old Mix nodes.
- Reorganized Asset Library categories and updated asset metadata.
- Expanded and updated User Guide.
- August 25th, v0.1.0 – Released into Early Access!
Note: Meshes (and any other assets not listed above) shown in promotional images are intended for example purposes only, and are not included. Assets from promotional images are used here either with the permission of the artists, or in compliance with the Creative Commons Attribution license.
All options provide a standard royalty-free license that allows commercial use, and include EARLY ACCESS to all content and all future updates.